Open position: Software engineer / bioinformatician
The bionamic platform
The bionamic platform is a web application with a cloud back end.
The cloud backend runs on AWS where we use various services including DynamoDB, S3, Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambda, Route53, and Cloud Watch. If you have knowledge of AWS services or would like to learn how to use them, Bionamic should be a good place to work.
The Bionamic platform incorporates detailed knowledge of the antibody discovery and validation process.
- Ability to learn.
- Ability to solve technical and scientific problems.
- Experience with software development and programming languages.
- Ability to work independently.
- Spoken and written English.
- Git and Github
- UI/UX design.
- ESLint and prettier.
- AWS cloud or similar cloud systems.
- Programming languages: C, C++, Java, Python, R, Lisp, Rust, etc.
- Performance improvement mind set.
- Life science knowledge.
- Physical science knowledge.
- Mathematics knowledge.
- Knowledge about drug discovery and development process.
- Knowledge of DNA, proteins, cells.
- Immunology and molecular biology knowledge.
- Communicative skills.
- Speaks Swedish.
- Data analysis and visualization.
- Machine learning.
Salary and work benefits
Bionamic offers competitive salaries. Employee options will also be offered to make sure all employees take part in a potential future upside. Working conditions are relaxed and flexible. Employees are free to work from home and take time off as needed. There are no set times to meet or leave the office. However, employees must usually participate in meetings and generally be available and is also expected to communicate at odd times.
Bionamic uses a modern development stack including Git, Github and Slack, which gives employees useful skills for future work in the software industry. Employees are also welcome to suggest improvements to the development stack.
Employees are encouraged to talk to customers, and attend meetings with customers, to get a better feel for the users' needs.
Bionamic has a code test that candidates can use to show their coding skills. The code test is indicative of the kind of work that software engineers might do at Bionamic. The test is not mandatory, but we recommend candidates to take a look at it.
We welcome you to apply by sending us an email at email@example.com. It is not necessary to take the code test before contacting us. We would always like to talk to you.